FYBCOM Business Communication MCQ
Module – 1: Theory of Communication
Concept of Communication, Impact of technology Enabled Communication, Communication at Workplace, Business Ethics, Problems in Communication / Barriers to Communication, Listening
Module – 2: Business Correspondence
Theory of Business Letter Writing, Personnel Correspondence :
Module – 3: Language and Writing Skills
Commercial Terms used in Business Communication, Paragraph Writing,
FYBCOM Business Communication Semester II
Module-1: Group Communication
Interviews, Meetings, Committees and Conferences, Public Relations
Module-2: Business Correspondence
Trade Letters: Letters of Inquiry, Letters of Complaints, Claims, Sales Letters, Consumer Grievance Redreesed Letters, Letters under Right to Information (RTI) Act
Module-3: Language and Writing Skills
Reports and Business Proposals, Summarisation, Tutorial Activities
- ——is the response given by the receiver to the sender’s message.
a)Encoding b)Decoding c)Feedback d)Medium
- ——–gives legal validity to a letter.
a)Subject line b)Signature c)Confidential notation d)Encloser block
- ——-is a form of non-verbal communication
a)Letter b)Circular c)Report d)Facial expressions
- Notices and circulars are examples of…..communication.
a)Upward b)Downward c)Grapevine s)Horizontal
- Moodle is a tool for——–
a)Twitter b)E-learning c) Whats App d)Facebook
- The Latin term_________ is the source for the English word communication.
(a) Communis (b) Communist (c) Communal (d) Community
- Communication that moves from a superior to a subordinate is an example of_________
(a) Upward (b) Downward (c) Horizontal (d) Circular
- _________is a psychological barrier.
(a) Noise (b) Abstracting (c) Unfamiliar language (d) Multiplicity of meaning
- ___________communication has reference value.
(a) Written (b) Oral (c) Face-to-Face (d) Non-verbal
- _________ is a non-verbal feature of Oral Communication.
(a) Paralanguage (b) Colour (c) Map (d) symbol
- a. Signs and __________ were mainly used when language did not exist.
i. Telegrams ii. letters iii. symbols iv. cell phones
- Visual communication happens through _________.
i. Sound ii. Pictures iii. Language iv. Music
- Noise and distance are considered to be ________ barriers.
i. Cultural ii. Physical iii. Mechanical iv. Semantic
- ______________ gives legal validity to a letter.
i. Subject line ii. Signature iii. Enclosures iv. Date
- ____________ scans incoming mails
i. Virus protection software ii. CD iii. Filter iv. Censor
- The process of giving an abstract idea a concrete form is called ____________.
a) planning b) encoding c) medium d) decoding
- Meetings, Speeches, Interviews are examples of _______________.
a) Non Verbal communication b) Proxemics c) Oral communication d) written
- ________________ is a two way process.
a) Order b) Command c) Warning d) Communication
- ______________ is a psychological barrier.
a) Closed mind b) Noise c) Language d) Environment
- ______________ is an informal channel of communication.
a) Paralanguage b) Grapevine c) Upward communication d) Written communication
- _____________ is an e-learning tool.
a) Whats App b) Facebook c) Moodle d) Blog
- ______________ is an optional part of business letters.
a) Date b) Inside address c) Letter head d) Identification initials
- Resistance to change is a ______________ barrier to communication.
a) Physical b) Psychological c) Semantic d) Cross- Cultural
- ______________ Communication takes place across the organizational hierarchy.
a) Upward b) Downward c) Diagonal d) Horizontal
- The Latin term ______________ is the source for the English word communication.
a) Communis b) Communist c) Communal d) Community
- ————- is converting your ideas into message.
(a) Decoding (b) Listening (c) Encoding (d) Observing
- ————- is an online communication system.
(a) Word (b) E-mail (c) SMS (d) None of these
- ———– is an example of non-verbal communication.
(a) T.V (b) Body language (c) Singing (d) Teleconferencing
- Suggestion scheme encourages ————– communication.
(a) Upward (b) Downward (c) Horizontal (d) Diagonal
- ————- is a physical barrier.
(a) Listening (b) Closed mind (c) Time and distance (d) Resistance to change
- A selection interview is a type of……..interview.
(Media, Business, Trade)
- The RTI Act came into force in the year………
(1995, 2000, 2005)
- The full form of AIDA is…….., Interest, Desire, Action.
(Attraction, Attention, Appeal)
- A………Letter of Inquiry is sent in response to an advertisement.
(Solicited, Responsive, Invited)
- The full form of EGM is……..General Meeting.
(Extraordinary, Emergency, Exceptional)
- Public Relation is an……..activity.
(On-going, Unplanned, Occasional)
- A/An……..interview is conducted for an employee who is leaving an organization.
(Exit, farewell, Good-by)
- A…….Order is placed for a new product is launched in the market.
(Trail, Temporary, Time-bound)
- Promotional Leaflets and Fliers are used for……..promotion.
(Sales, Academic, Post)
- A/An……is the list of items to be discussed at a formal meeting.
(Itinerary, Agenda, Schedule)
- A Selection or Employment Interview is also known as a …….interview.
(Job, Segregation, Selector)
- If The Chairperson is……the conference activity suffers.
(Too weak, Too dominating, Either too dominating or to weak)
- A group interview is similar to a……
(Group discussion, Panel interview, Structured interview)
- The first step towards organizing a meeting is to…….
(Decide the venue, determine the purpose, inform the members)
- …….refers to a meeting for discussion or an exchange f views.
(Board meeting, Committee meeting, Conference)
- ……..is an ongoing activity.
(Public relations, group discussion, conference)
- A/An…..provides a personal touch that promotes goodwill.
(Open House, Press Conference, Exhibition)
- Justice delayed is justice…….
(Denied, delivered, granted)
- ……are designed to be handed out to people for Sale Promotion.
(Leaflets, Memos, Reports)
- A/An……report deals with the assessment and promotion of employees
(Project, Appraisal, Inspection)
Fybcom Business Communication MCQ, Syllabus of FYBcom business communication, Business Communication MCQ, Mumbai university, FYBcom Business communication notes, business communication notes PDF for more notes Click Here Business Economics Click Here